Introduction to Enzymes
The following has been excerpted from a very popular Worthington publication
which was originally published in 1972 as the Manual of Clinical Enzyme
Measurements. While some of the presentation may seem somewhat dated, the
basic concepts are still helpful for researchers who must use enzymes but
who have little background in enzymology.
- Bennett, T. P., and Frieden, E.: Modern Topics in Biochemistry, pg. 43-45, Macmillan, London (1969).
- Holum, J.: Elements of General and Biological Chemistry, 2nd ed., 377, Wiley, NY (1968).
- Martinek, R.: Practical Clinical Enzymology: J. Am. Med. Tech., 31, 162 (1969).
- Harrow, B., and Mazur, A.: Textbook of Biochemistry, 109, Saunders, Philadelphia (1958).
- Pfeiffer, J.: Enzymes, the Physics and Chemistry of Life, pg 171-173, Simon and Schuster, NY (1954)
PDF version of Introduction to Enzymes