Collagenase (Animal Free)
• New! Animal Free Types AFA, AFB and AFC collagenases are derived from cultures grown in medium completely devoid of animal based components and designed for bioprocessing applications where introduction of potential animal derived pathogens must be prevented. Levels of secondary proteases are similar to Types 1 and 2 collagenase.
• CLSAFA is the original AFA grade designed to have collagenase and secondary proteases similar to Types 1 and 2 collagenase.
• CLSAFB contains higher collagenase and caseinase activities than CLSAFA.
• CLSAFC has especially low tryptic activity similar to Type 4 collagenase.
• CLSAFD contains two to three fold higher specific activity than CLSAFA
• Worthington also offers 0.22 micron filtered preparations of each type in 50 mg/vial pre-packaged form for direct reconstitution and use in all isolation procedures.