Deoxyribonucleic Acid and Related Products
Worthington offers DNA purified from these sources:
Calf thymus: (Code: DNA) Prepared and purified by a method developed at Worthington to have lower protein and RNA contamination than most other commercial preparations. This highly polymerized DNA is an excellent substrate for deoxyribonuclease. A sodium salt, it must be converted by adding magnesium ions to be susceptible to DNase.
Calf thymus DNA, covalently bound to cellulose is also available:
DNA Cellulose, Double-Stranded (Code: DNACELDS)
DNA Cellulose, Single-Stranded (Code: DNACELSS)
Salmon Testes: (Code: SDNA) Prepared by a modification of the method of Emanuel and Chaikoff, J. Biol. Chem., 203, 164, (1953). A minimum of 75% native nucleic acid.
Salmon Testes DNA, Denatured & Fragmented (Code: SDNAD) is also available. Prepared by mechanical shearing and heat denaturation.
Escherichia coli: (Code: DNAEC) Isolated as described by Marmur, J. Mol. Biol., 3, 208, 1961.
Lambda phage DNA (Code: DNAL) is prepared from CsCl purified phage and is purified to an A260/A280 ≥1.8. Homogeneous in agarose gel electrophoresis. A solution in 10 mM Tris-HCl pH 8.0 with 1 mM EDTA.
DNA fragments prepared by restriction endonuclease digestion of purified lambda DNA are available (Codes: DNALBSTE; DNALECOR; DNALHIND). Supplied as solutions in 10 mM Tris-HCl pH 8.0 with 1 mM EDTA.
Technical Note: One A260 unit = 50 µg DNA.
Stability/Storage: DNAL: Storage buffer 10 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.0 containing 1 mM EDTA. Store at -20°C. Once thawed keep at 2-8°C.
- Albumin, Nuclease-Free (BSANF)
- Deoxyribonuclease I (DP/D/DCLS/D2/DPFF/DPRF)
- Deoxyribonuclease II (HDA/HDAC/HDACS)
- Histones (H, NHL)
- Lysozyme (LY/LYSF)
- Nuclease, Micrococcal (NFCP)
- Nuclease, S1 (SINUC/SINUCL)
- Phosphatase, Alkaline (CAP/BAPF/BAPC/BAPSF/PC)
- Phosphodiesterase I (VPH)
- Phosphodiesterase II (SPH)
- Proteinase K (PROK/PROKS)
- Reverse Transcriptase, Recombinant HIV (RTHIV)
- Ribonuclease A (R/RAF/RASE/RS/RPDF)
- Ribonuclease T1, Animal Origin Free (RT1S)